New Class Meeting Times-Effective Fall 2012
In order to provide students with the widest selection of courses that ensures your progress towards graduation and maximizes the use of our available classroom resources, Stony Brook University will adopt a new class period schedule for all West campus courses beginning with the FALL 2012 semester.
The decision to implement the new class period schedule follows a lengthy campus conversation with groups of faculty, staff, students, administrators, and governance in various venues across campus.
The key modifications effective FALL 2012 include the following:
- All classes will begin on the hour or half-hour.
- One additional Monday/Wednesday/Friday (MWF) timeslot will be created.
- Classes that meet 3 times per week will last 53 minutes each, with a 7-minute break between classes.
- Classes that meet 2 times per week will last 80 minutes each, with a 10-minute break between classes.
- Campus Lifetime will be scheduled each Wednesday from 1:00 pm to 2:20 pm.
Click below for the new meeting times for Fall 2012 Classes: