Course Material Requisition FAQs
- What is the new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System?
- What are some key features of the new system?
- When will the new system be available for submitting course material information?
- Will there be faculty training sessions for the new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System?
- How do I enroll in a training session?
- Will I need to receive a new link every semester?
- Will others be able to see my information?
- Can I search for the textbook in the adoption process or do I need complete information beforehand?
- Will I be able to see the textbooks used in the past for the course while putting in the adoption?
- What if my department handles textbook selections?
- As a new instructor/Department Admin. How do I receive training for the new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System?
The new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System is a third party course material requisition (CMR) system that is designed to make ordering course materials easier than ever. Feedback and suggestions from many faculty members through the years were taken into consideration during the design process.
Some notable features of the new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to view, select and re-use previous course specific material.
- The ability to request a complimentary desk copy.
- Built-in tutorial video at every step.
- Easy Search and select new textbooks from an extensive database of titles.
The new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System will be effective beginning Summer session I 2014, Summer session II 2014, and Fall 2014 course material submissions onward.
Faculty training sessions for the new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System will begin at the end of January and will continue in February. Sign up for the training sessions will be on a first come, first serve basis.
You will receive an email that contains a link that allows you to sign up for one of the training sessions. This link will also be available on the Provost's Liaison's webpage.
No, the original link can be used for each semester.
No. Your course profile is uniquely linked to the login link and your email address. No one else can access the information about your courses.
It is not necessary for you to know the textbook information beforehand. The new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System features an extensive database of titles that will allow you to search by ISBN, author, or book title. Titles from your search results may then be added to your course with one simple click.
The new Course Material Requisition (CMR) System will allow you to view all past course materials for the course. You will be able to view and select books from your section, as well as previously used materials from other sections of the course.
Department Admins will be able to select course materials on behalf of their entire department, as long as the Provost's Liaison's Office has been notified.
User manuals are available online on the Provost's Liaison's webpage. If you would like additional training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule additional one on one training sessions.