Property Control > Equipment Inventory Control (P602)
Equipment Inventory Control (P602)
ReplacesPolicy 90, November, 1974 and PR 880, November, 1974
- "Property" refers to procured or manufactured equipment that is self-contained, durable (expected service life of two or more years) and with a cost valuation which varies depending on the funding source utilized to purchase the asset as follows:
- Property Control Office will assign asset numbers to equipment for inventory purposes.
- The department is responsible for notifying the Property Control Office when there are equipment acquisitions or a change in equipment status i.e., transfers to other departments, changes in location, loss, theft, destruction and/or disposal.
- Campus departments are responsible to review/update inventory lists on an annual basis
Property Control Office
Central Services Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-6500
Also, see our Contact Information webpage.
- SUSB0703: Newly Acquired Equipment Form
- PROC0067: Report of Surplus and/or Transfer of Personal Property
- SUSB1026: Property Control System Transfer Form
- SUSB2640: Off Campus Use Forms
- State University Construction Fund State University of New York: User Manual Property Control System
- State Finance Law, Sections 5 and 115
- State of New York Accounting and Control Manual, Part X(2)
- Federal Circular, A-110
- NIH Guide for Grant and Contracts No. 16
- Surplus Property