Procurement Office > Frequently Asked Questions > Hospital Accounts Payable
Hospital Accounts Payable
- What is the anticipated time period for a vendor to receive their payment?
- For payments between $0.01 and $1,000,000.00 (Quick Pay) in most cases a check is issued within 7 business days.
- For payments between $1,000,000.01 and up (V02) in most cases a check is issued within 10 to 14 business days.
- Why was the invoice short paid?
- If freight charges exceeded $100.00 and the vendor did not provide a copy of their shipper's freight bill, the vendor's invoice may have been short paid.
- Prices were not in accordance with Purchase Order.
- As an agency of the State of New York, Stony Brook University is exempt from state and local sales taxes.
- What can be done if a freight bill is unavailable?
- A letter can be sent requesting that freight charge be reduced to $100.00
- If metered fedex is used by company, a letter can be sent with explanation.
- What documents are required to make a payment?
- Encumbered Purchase Order, Receipt (or dept. approval) and proper invoice.
- What invoices did the check pay?
- Vendors can check on the Office of the State Comptroller's NYS Check Remittance website
[Back to top]