REMINDER BELOW IS ONLY VALID UNTIL April 30, 2014
As a reminder, when booking airfare and train travel on STATE FUNDS all travelers are mandated to use the state contracted Travel Agency, Euro Lloyd. This covers all travelers: faculty, staff, students and non-employees.
All airline tickets must be purchased using the CTA. The use of personal credit cards is strictly prohibited. The only exceptions will be for an emergency, or where a fare would result in a savings of more than $200.00 over the contract price. These exceptions must be fully documented, and justification must be submitted with travel reimbursement requests.
Receipts are eliminated for incidental expenses under $75, such as tolls, parking, taxis and local bus or train fare. Receipts are still required for lodging and certain transportation expenses, including auto rentals, air- fare, ferries, long distance bus or train fare.
Eliminating cost ceilings for travel to and from transportation terminal:
- The actual expense for travel to and from a transportation terminal using commercial transportation (e.g. taxis and car service) is reimbursable.
- The actual expense for personal car mileage to and from a traveler's home to a transportation terminal is reimbursable.
When claiming breakfast and/or dinner on the last day of an overnight trip, travelers may claim the federal per diem for the area of assignment. Receipts are not required. E.g., if returning from Washington, D.C. the meal allowance would be $14 for breakfast and/or $57 for dinner determined by the time of return.
Unreceipted meal allowances for non-overnight travel are $5.00 for breakfast and $12.00 for dinner. Traveler may claim up to per diem of destination with a receipt. One day meals are reportable.
When staying overnight in New York State, hotel operators require travelers to provide the Exempt Certificate for Governmental Agencies to claim exemption from the occupancy tax (ST - 129).
Justification must be provided for over the max rates for lodging, and require the supervisor and account manager approval.
When personal vehicles are used for travel in lieu of a common carrier, the traveler must provide a justification along with supervisor and account manager approval for selection of method of travel.
Justification for additional expenses related to airline travel such as excess baggage fees, and airline change fees will be required for reimbursement.
The complete State travel guidelines are available at http://www.osc.state.ny.us/agencies/
- Travel Voucher (PROC0066) (You must use Adobe Reader to use this form.)
- Standard Voucher (AC92)
- Statement of Automobile Travel (AC160)
Changes to State Travel/Expense Reimbursements
Effective mid-April, due to the implementation of SFS, (OSC's new State Financial system) all travel/expense reimbursements to New York State employees will be tied to their method of payment in the NY State payroll system.
- Employees that receive part or all of their pay in a check will continue to receive a check for their travel/expense reimbursements. The check will be mailed to the same address that appears on the employee's paycheck. Travel/expense checks will not roll into an employee's paycheck, separate checks will be issued.
- Employees who have their full paycheck directly deposited into one bank account will have their travel/expense reimbursements deposited into the same account. Travel/expense deposits will not roll into an employee's paycheck direct deposit; separate deposits will be made.
- Employees who have their paycheck direct deposit split against multiple bank accounts will have their travel/expense reimbursements deposited into the account where the balance/excess of their pay goes.
Employees will not receive any notification from the NYS Treasury that a direct deposit has occurred; they are advised to be aware of the forthcoming deposit based on travel/expense reimbursements submitted to the Procurement/Travel office.
Employee reimbursements for travel/expenses will be paid on an ongoing basis and will not be affected by the payroll schedule. Payments will be made on an ongoing basis as vouchers are submitted and processed.