- Purchase of Equipment, Supplies and Services
- Statement of Reasonableness of Prices
- Non-Competitive Procurement
- Food Payments/Reimbursement
- Blanket Order Requests
- Furniture Purchases
- Repairs of Equipment
- Petty Cash Reimbursement
- Guidelines to Petty Cash Reimbursement System
- Commodity Assignments
- Service Assignments
State operating funds and IFR funds are covered by the State Finance Law and Flexibility Legislation applicable to the State University. These laws and regulations apply to all University departments and activities using State Operating and IFR Funds. Following are specific requirements that apply to these funding sources.
Estimated Cost: $0 - $49,999.99
- 3 Quotes or Statement of reasonableness of price required (Price Justification)
- Estimated order time: 1-5 days (Price Justification)
Estimated Cost: $50,000.00 - $125,000
- Advertisement in NYS Contract Reporter
- 3 Quotes or (Price Justification)
- Estimated order time: 25 to 40 days
Estimated Cost: $125,000.01 - $250,000
- Advertised in New York State Contract Reporter
- Minimum of 5 sealed bids solicited by Purchasing
- Estimate order time: 30 to 45 days
Estimated Cost: $250,000.01 and over
- Advertisement in NYS Contract Reporter
- Prior OSC for Service Contracts
- Estimated order time: 45 and 120 days.
- Minimum of 5 sealed bids solicited by Purchasing
Price justification can include, but is not limited to:
- The Vendor's published price list;
- Prior invoices from this vendor to other consumers;
- Invoices or cost sheet from prior state contracts;
- Comparisons to other vendors' prices for similar products/services;
- Comparison to similar purchases by other campuses;
- Historical cost or price comparison.
State purchase of requirements exceeding $2,500 without competitive bidding may be made under the situations listed below only after approval is granted by the appropriate campus designee.
- Sole source, single source and/or proprietary purchase.
- Emergency purchase (unanticipated purchase required to protect personal safety, life or property).
- Small Business, New York State Certified M/WBEs.
- Centralized State Contracts.
DIFR, IFR, State and State Special Appropriation Accounts
- Departments must notify the Procurement Office of any upcoming pre-planned, off-campus conferences, meetings, seminars, and/or training sessions that will result in the submission of a request for payment of food to a vendor or the reimbursement of food purchases to an employee. The Procurement Office will provide assistance in ensuring correct policies and procedures are followed.
- Departments are advised to hold conferences, meetings, seminars, and/or training sessions on campus at campus meeting centers. Requests to hold conferences, meetings, seminars, and/or training sessions at an off-campus location will require prior approval from the Procurement Office.
- A detailed program and/or event description specifying the nature of the university business conducted and its benefit to the State/University must be provided.
- A listing of each individual in attendance at the event and their relationship to the business conducted must be submitted along with the payment/reimbursement request.
- Only original itemized receipts (i.e. receipts with detailed food/beverage purchase information) will be accepted for reimbursement. Credit card receipts and/or statements will not be accepted for reimbursement.
- As an agency of the State of New York , Stony Brook University will not reimburse for sales tax. A tax-exempt certificate must be presented for all food purchases.
- The Procurement Office will not issue vendor payments or employee reimbursements for beer, liquor, or wine charges.
- The Procurement Office will reimburse an employee for the actual receipted amount, not to exceed the per diem rate for the specific location at which the event was held. The per diem rate is all-inclusive of meal charges and gratuity charges/tips.
- The Procurement Office will not issue vendor payments or employee reimbursements (drawn against DIFR, IFR, State, and/or State Special Appropriation Accounts) for food and beverages for members of the university faculty and staff when they are engaged in routine university business (i.e. faculty/staff meetings and/or departmental working lunches). The sole exception is when invited guests (other than university faculty and staff) are present and the meeting is clearly for business purposes. Vendor payments or employee reimbursements will be made in accordance with the local state per-diem rate of $14.00 for breakfast and $57.00 for dinner. Lunch expenses will be paid or reimbursed at a local rate of $30.00 (per person). Any amount exceeding the allowable rates will be considered a personal out-of-pocket expense. These rates are all-inclusive of meal charges and gratuity charges/tips.
Food Purchases/Blanket Orders
For Food Purchases
Departments must attach a justification (i.e. general description of events to be held) along with each Wolfmart requisition submitted for blanket food encumbrances.
- When departments submit an invoice for payment against a blanket encumbrance, along with their payment approval departments must also provide the following:
- A detailed program and or event description specifying the nature of the University business conducted and its benefit to the State/University, must be provided.
- A listing of each individual in attendance at the event and their relationship to the business conducted must be submitted along the payment/reimbursement request.
- Original itemized receipts (i.e. receipts with detailed food/beverage purchase information). Credit card receipts and/or statements will not be accepted for reimbursement.
For Blanket Order Request
State funded Blanket Order encumbrances must be estimated for an entire fiscal year and must be submitted for each vendor. When State funded Blanket Order requests exceed $2,500.00, all appropriate SUNY Procurement procedures must be followed
Blanket Order requests should be for annual expenditures with a specific vendor; not for one-time purchases.
Blanket Order requests should not be made for Hosted or Punch-out vendors in the Wolfmart Showcase.
Blanket Orders for all services must utilize the Service Contract form; not the Blanket Order form.
All Blanket Order requests will require end users to enter a Cost Receipt to confirm that goods have been received.
All State funded Blanket Orders will be automatically terminated on June 30th.
Supporting Documentation must be attached (i.e. Quotes, Justifications)
Corcraft is the New York State preferred source vendor for furniture. They manufacture a variety of quality office furniture at reasonable prices.
Corcraft provides a wide variety of file cabinets and seating choices. Catalogs are available from Michele Rindos in the Procurement Office or from Corcraft's Sales Rep., Jimmy Rochilla who can be reached at (631) 761-2454 (office) or (516) 852-1992 (cell).
Additional information can be obtained from Corcraft's web site at: www.corcraft.org.
State funded furniture purchases exceeding $2,500.00 require a formal written Corcraft release. The information required for obtaining the release should include the reason for purchasing from another brand, (i.e. matching existing furniture or time line requires a fast turn around), a list of item numbers that are being proposed for purchase, and photographs of each of item to be purchased. Email required information to Michele Rindos or faxed with the E-Rec number to (631) 632-2281.
If you need further assistance with Purchasing please contact Michele Rindos at (631) 632-6071.
Reimbursements to individuals not exceeding $250 can be obtained directly through the Bursar's office for purchase of most commodities. Some restrictions apply. Call Purchasing or the Bursar's office for further information.
LIMIT $250 FROM BURSAR
- Office supplies
- Postage/Air freight/Shipping
- Scientific supplies
- Electro/mechanical supplies
- Computer supplies
- Maintenance supplies
- Automotive supplies
- Lumber/hardware supplies
- Instructional supplies
- Emergency medical/dental
- New York Sales Tax
- Food / beverages
- Travel related expenses
- Overtime meals
- Registration/membership fees
- Magazine subscriptions
- Parking violation and towing fees
- Service maintenance fees
- Office decorations
- Deposits of any kind
All other questionable requests for reimbursement should be forwarded to the Purchasing Department on a State Requisition for review and normal processing.
Telephone: (631) 632-6010 Fax: (631) 632-6462
|Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Automotive Supplies/Repairs, Construction Equipment/Supplies, Electrical/Electronic Equipment/Supplies, Machinery and Supplies, Maintenance/Power Plant Equipment/Supplies, Power/Hand Tools, Major Equipment Purchases|
|Athletic Equipment/Supplies, AV Equipment/Supplies, Carpeting Purchase/Installation, Clothing, Drapes/Blinds, Fine Arts Equipment/Supplies, Furniture, Library Equipment/Supplies, Photographic Equipment/Supplies, Promotional Items, Signs, Uniforms, Food Purchase ( $0 - $20,000), Books|
|Appliances, Computer/Communication Equipment, Security Systems, DLAR Equipment/Supplies, Animal Feed/Supplies|
|Construction Equipment/Supplies, Custodial Equipment/Supplies, Dental Equipment/Supplies, Laboratory Equipment/Supplies, Landscape Supplies, Plumbing Supplies, University Police/Fire Safety, Major Equipment Purchases|