Stony Brook University Faculty and Staff:
As announced in my recent email to the Stony Brook University community, we are launching Project 50 Forward to help chart a new path for the next 50 years at Stony Brook. As part of the effort, we are launching a survey to collect the perspectives of everyone in the campus community on the effectiveness of our organization. We would like to gather candid, honest feedback from you about our effectiveness in areas such as decision making and leadership.
In the first phase of the survey, we are collecting administrative
staff feedback from all University departments. In September, we
will conduct a second wave of the survey to collect faculty feedback
when they return to campus. Currently, our focus is on our
university's academic and research missions and we will not be
collecting responses from employees in the Hospital, CPMP, or Long
Island State Veteran's Home.
Survey input will be gathered in three ways:
- We are asking all employees receiving this email to complete
an online survey located at
- Employees who do not have email access will be asked to fill
out a paper version of the survey which will be distributed
with their paycheck on July 7th for State employees and on
July 16th for Research Foundation employees.
- Computer kiosks will also be available at the Human Resources Office, Room 390 Admin Building and at all SINC sites (including the Main Library, Melville Library, Language Center, and Computer Center) for employees who wish to fill out the survey online. If you chose to go to a SINC site please use the login ID of "sinc\survey" with no password.
Completing the survey should take no more than 15-20 minutes and we
ask that you fill it out as soon as possible. In order to have your
comments included in Project 50 Forward, your survey must be
completed online or dropped in campus mail by the end of day on
Tuesday, July 20th. All surveys will be returned directly to a
consulting firm supporting Project 50 Forward and all information
collected will be confidential - survey results will be summarized by
the consulting firm and no comments or responses will be attributed to individuals.
To encourage participation, we will be giving away the following prizes to randomly chosen respondents, subsequent to the staff and faculty participation:
- Grand Prize: a 32GB iPod Touch
- First Prize: ten winners to a special Staller Center event
- Second Prize: ten winners to a Seawolves sporting event
- Third Prize: twenty-five $10 Starbucks gift cards
- Fourth Prize: three winners to lunch with the President
I look forward to sharing the survey results with you this fall. We will identify both strengths and areas for future improvement through this survey. Many thanks in advance for your input.
Samuel L. Stanley, Jr., M.D.