Policies > P610: SPECIAL SERVICE PERMITS
P610: SPECIAL SERVICE PERMITS
- Issued by:
- Office of Administration
- April, 2008
The University extends extraordinary parking privileges to a limited number of individuals and departments to expedite the work of the department or to recognize a unique need of individuals for short periods of time. Such privileges are authorized by the Parking Enforcement Unit and distributed at the Parking Services window.
Special Service Permits
- Special Service permits are intended for personal vehicles that carry occupants who need to access buildings to accomplish building-related tasks.
- Some examples of building-related tasks are:
- Service vehicles (maintenance, construction, telecom, food service, building managers).
- Emergency response vehicles (Fire marshals, Police, emergency repair).
- Employees who need access to parking spaces/areas which are located near loading zones.
There are two types of Special Permits:
- If you meet the above criteria and require special service parking for 30 days or less, you can receive a temporary permit through the contracting department or at Student Accounts/Parking Services windows (Administration Building, 2nd Floor Lobby).
- If you would like to apply for a long-term Special Service Permit, please fill-out the Special Service Permit Application and mail it to:
Manager of Busing & Transportation EnforcementPlease be clear on the justification for the permit.
Room 117, Nassau Hall
Stony Brook University,
Stony Brook, NY 11794-6245
- Note: Long-Term Special Service permits will not automatically renew. You must submit a new application.
- Special Service Permit holders are authorized to park only in specifically marked Special Service parking spaces. A summary of these Special Service parking spaces is as follows:
(Outside of Loading Zone)
Number of Spaces Administration Building 19 Earth and Space Sciences Building 3 Computer Science Building Loading Zone 2 Across from Student Activities Center 2 Ward Melville Social and Behavioral Sciences Building 3 Old Chemistry Road / Chemistry Building 4 Heavy Engineering Building 6 Stony Brook Union 3 Fine Arts Building / Staller Center for the Arts 8 Charles B. Wang Center 12 Medical Facility 18 Life Sciences / Centers for Molecular Medicine Buildings 3 Life Sciences / Centers for Molecular Medicine Buildings (Unpaved Lot) 25 Total 110
- Restrictions for Permit Holders:
- Unauthorized parking, i.e. parking in a handicapped stall, in a fire lane, on a roadway, sidewalk, on the grass or in wooded areas, is strictly prohibited except as authorized by permit.
Room 117, Nassau Hall
254 Administration Building