Policies > P504: UNIVERSITY TRAVEL POLICY
P504: UNIVERSITY TRAVEL POLICY
- Issued by:
- Office of Administration
- Policy 45, October, 1974
- April, 2008
- December, 2012
- Subject to the availability of funds, the University reimburses for travel only if required for official campus business.
- Funds will not be used to reimburse for travel when benefits are primarily personal.
- All exceptions to the per diem rates for lodging require approval of the Director of Procurement or designee.
- Activities that constitute official travel include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Travel by faculty, staff and students at the invitation of the Chancellor or other SUNY officials, the Board of Trustees, etc., on official university business.
- Travel by others at the request of University officials on official university business.
- Meal and lodging expenses will be reimbursed at the per diem rates only.
R & D Park
Research and Support Services Building
Stony Brook, NY 11794-6000