Policies > P205: TOURS OF THE DIVISION OF LABORATORY ANIMAL RESOURCES (DLAR)
P205: TOURS OF THE DIVISION OF LABORATORY ANIMAL RESOURCES (DLAR)
- Issued by:
- Office of the Provost
- February, 1991
- April, 2009
University facilities housing vertebrate animals used in research and educational activities are regulated by campus and federal policies, state and federal laws, and strict accreditation standards. The facilities are open for viewing through prearranged tours.
- ARRANGING FOR TOURS OF THE DLAR
- Any individual(s) wishing to tour University facilities in which vertebrate animals are housed must contact the Director of the Division of Laboratory Animal Resources in order to set up an acceptable date and time for the visit. Various restrictions apply (e.g., maximum allowable number of people per tour group); the DLAR should be contacted for details.
Director of Division of Laboratory Animal Resources
L-1, Room 223, Health Sciences Center
- P-204 Activities Involving Use of Vertebrate Animals
- SUNY Stony Brook Guidelines Investigator's Guide to DLAR Services, Laws, Policies and Accreditation Standards Regarding Animal Use
- Animal Welfare Act (United States Department of Agriculture) Health Research Extension Act of 1985
- U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Protection from Research Risks (OPRR): Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Animals
- Federal Guidelines for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (Department of Health and Human Services): Provides the standards by which OPRR-required inspections are carried out by the American Association for Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)