Rules and Regulations
Use of parking permits acknowledges responsibility to operate a vehicle on campus in accordance with Stony Brook University parking rules and regulations above. Following are highlights:
- When parking on campus, display the permit by hanging it from the rear-view mirror support, facing outwards.
- Permit may be transferred only to any vehicle being used by the original permit purchaser. Your permit may not be transferred to anyone else.
- Report theft or loss of permits immediately to (631) 632-AUTO. There is a $10.00 replacement fee.
- Permits may not be altered in any manner (other than the application of approved validation stickers).
- Ownership of permits with the University is not transferrable.
- Resale or unauthorized use of permits is prohibited.
Proposed Changes to the Stony Brook Traffic Regulations
Comments regarding the proposed changes should be sent to:
Office of University Counsel
328 Administration Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794