University Mission Statement
Stony Brook University has a five-part mission:
- to provide comprehensive undergraduate, graduate, and professional education of the highest quality;
- to carry out research and intellectual endeavors of the highest international standards that advance knowledge and have immediate or long-range practical significance;
- to provide leadership for economic growth, technology, and culture for neighboring communities and the wider geographic region;
- to provide state-of-the-art innovative health care, while serving as a resource to a regional health care network and to the traditionally underserved;
- to fulfill these objectives while celebrating diversity and positioning the University in the global community.