Responsibilities of the University Supervisor
The University Supervisor is the primary liaison between the school system, the teacher candidate, and the University. It is very important to keep open lines of communication in order to best serve the teacher candidate. The University Supervisor is responsible for the following tasks:
- Contacting the department chair or building administrator on the initial visit and maintaining communication concerning the teacher candidate.
- Making at least three formal observations at regular intervals throughout the semester. Meeting with the cooperating teacher and the teacher candidate during the first visit to clarify requirements for teacher candidates and guidelines for cooperating teachers. Conferring with the teacher candidate and the cooperating teacher after each observation.
- Reviewing and evaluating lesson and unit plans.
- Acting as a resource person and providing appropriate materials and information for the cooperating teacher and teacher candidate.
- Evaluating the student teaching assignments and providing feedback to the teacher candidate.