Home > Parking Services > Where To Park
Where To Park
|Permitted Parking Area
|Black color-coded parking garages (see map)
|Orange color-coded metered lots (see map)
$2.00/Hour. Meters must be paid 7:00AM to 7:00PM, Monday through Friday
|Green color-coded South P-Lot2(see map)
|1For more information on parking garages and their rates, please see the Parking Garages page.
|2The Gym Road Lot and North P-Lot requires a valid commuter permit to be displayed.
View the Stony Brook University Parking Maps
Additional Parking for Evenings and Weekends
- General Information
- Parking is permitted in any unrestricted lot during evenings & weekends. Lots are generally unrestricted and available for anyone to park from 4:00pm to 7:00am, Monday-Friday, and at all times Saturday & Sunday unless otherwise noted. Check for signs at parking lot entrances for restrictions.
Please note the following:
- Metered parking lots (orange color-coded) must be paid from 07:00AM to 07:00PM, Monday through Friday but are free at all other times.
- Premium parking lots (brown color-coded) all require a Premium permit. These lots include the following Brown Zones: Stadium Lot, Life Sciences 1 & 2, Simons Center and Dental School.
- The Administration Garage is free on Saturday and Sunday.
- The following lots/parking spaces are restricted & enforced at all times:
- ADA Accessible parking spaces
- Any lot marked as "Restricted 24 Hour Parking", which includes:
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to Computer Center
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to Math/Physics Building
- Faculty/Staff Lot located on Lake Drive
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to Student Health Center
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to the Automotive Repair Facility
- Life Sciences 1 & 2 & Simons Center Brown Zones
- All Parking Garages (Administration, HSC & Hospital Parking Garages)