Summer Session 2013 Parking Notice
May 25, 2013 through August 25, 2013
For Commuter Students
Commuter students may only park in the following lots free of charge for Summer Session 2013:
- Green color-coded Commuter parking lots, which includes:
- North P Plot
- South P Plot (please see Important SBU Transit Service Note below)
- Parking lot North of Gym Road (west/middle of campus)
- Color-coded Resident student parking lots, which includes:
- Resident Zone 1 - Roosevelt and Kelly Quads, West Apartments
- Resident Zone 2 - Schomburg Apartments
- Resident Zone 3 - Tabler Quad parking lots
- Resident Zone 4 - Roth Quad parking lots
- Resident Zone 5 - Mendelsohn & H Quad parking lots
Commuter students may purchase a Stadium premium permit for Summer Session 2013:
- Summer premium parking is available in the Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium from May 25, 2013 to August 25, 2013 for $50.00 for the entire summer session. Pay in person at the Bursar located at room 261 in the Administration Building.
Important SBU Transit Service Note: Please be advised that SBU Transit does not operate the Express Bus Route from May 25, 2013 through August 25, 2013 Click here for additional information on SBU Transit Service schedules.
Additional Parking for Evenings and Weekends
- General Information
- Parking is permitted in any unrestricted lot during evenings & weekends. Lots are generally unrestricted and available for anyone to park from 4:00pm to 7:00am, Monday-Friday, and at all times Saturday & Sunday unless otherwise noted. Check for signs at parking lot entrances for restrictions.
Please note the following:
- Metered Parking Lots (orange color-coded) must be paid from 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday-Friday but are free at all other times.
- Premium Parking Lots (brown color-coded) all require a Premium permit. These lots include the following Brown Zones: Stadium Lot, Life Sciences 1 & 2, Heavy Engineering, Simons Center and Dental School.
- The Administration Parking Garage is free on Saturday & Sunday.
- The following lots/parking spaces are restricted & enforced at all times:
- ADA Accessible parking spaces
- Any lot marked as "Restricted 24 Hour Parking", which includes:
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to Computer Center
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to Math/Physics Building
- Faculty/Staff Lot located on Lake Drive
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to Student Health Center
- Faculty/Staff Lot located next to the Automotive Repair Facility
- Life Sciences 1 & 2, Heavy Engineering & Simons Center Brown Zones
- All Parking Garages (Administration, HSC & Hospital Parking Garages)
For additional information or if you are in need of a parking hangtag, please visit: www.stonybrook.edu/parking.