Special Service Permits
Special Service permits are intended for personal vehicles that carry occupants who need to access buildings to accomplish building-related tasks.
Some examples of building-related tasks are:
- Service vehicles (maintenance, construction, telecom, food service, building managers).
- Emergency response vehicles (Fire marshalls, Police, emergency repair).
- Employees who need access to loading docks daily in multiple buildings for stays longer than 15 minutes.
There are two types of Special Permits:
- If you meet the above criteria and require special service parking for 30 days or less, you can receive a Parking Services-issued temporary permit through the contracting department or directly from Student Accounts/Parking Services windows (Administration Building, 2nd Floor Lobby).
- If you would like to apply for a long-term Special Service Permit, please fill-out the Special Service Permit Application. Please be clear on the justification for the permit.
- Note: Long-Term Special Service permits will not automatically renew. You must submit a new application.
Special Service Permit holders are authorized to park only in specifically marked Special Service parking spaces. A summary of these Special Service parking spaces is as follows:
(Outside of Loading Zone)
|Number of Spaces|
|Earth and Space Sciences Building||3|
|Computer Science Building Loading Zone||2|
|Across from Student Activities Center||2|
|Ward Melville Social and Behavioral Sciences Building||3|
|Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library||2|
|Old Chemistry Road / Chemistry Building||4|
|Heavy Engineering Building||6|
|Stony Brook Union||3|
|Fine Arts Building / Staller Center for the Arts||8|
|Charles B. Wang Center||12|
|Life Sciences / Centers for Molecular Medicine Buildings||3|
|Life Sciences / Centers for Molecular Medicine Buildings (Unpaved Lot)||25|