All students accepted into the MCB Program receive a full tuition waiver and a stipend. The stipend for the 2013-2014 academic year is $27,000 with health insurance assistance.
Students entering the MCB program are admitted through the Graduate School of the State University of New York. Consideration for admission requires the following:
- Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate field
- Undergraduate/Graduate school transcripts
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL (for students from non-US universities only)
- GRE exams should be taken by December to ensure receipt of scores by the application deadline.
- January 1. Foreign students and all domestic students who want to be considered for university fellowships (Graduate Council or Turner).
- January 15. Domestic students.
Application will be considered on a case by case basis after January 15, space permitting.
Whenever possible, prospective candidates are invited to visit Stony Brook to meet with MCB program faculty and students.
All applications are submitted online through the Graduate School website.
Top of Page