Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society
Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society Collection.
Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society.
The collection was acquired in 1976.
Extent, Scope, and Content Note
The collection is comprised of 10.5 linear inches of: correspondence, by-laws, financial records, news
clippings, minutes, programs, newsletters, and printed matter, dating from 1974 to 1990.
The Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society is a volunteer society founded in 1974 in Oakdale, Long Island,
Andrew Eddy was the organization's first president. The society
is dedicated to developing greater public use of the arboretum, fostering
cooperation with other horticultural societies, and encouraging and supporting
other educational programs.
Arrangement and Processing Note
The collection is arranged in the order in which it was received. The collection was processed by Kristen J. Nyitray, Associate Librarian/Head of Special Collections and University Archives/University Archivist, Stony Brook University (SBU) in 2005.
Website by Kristen J. Nyitray. Last updated February 2013.
Restrictions on Access
The collection is open to researchers without restriction.
Ownership and Literary Rights
Stony Brook University Libraries.
[Item], [Box], Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society Collection, Special Collections, Stony Brook University Libraries.
Arboretums New York (State) Long Island.
Horticulture New York (State) Long Island.
Long Island (N.Y.) Societies, etc.
Oakdale (N.Y.) Societies, etc.
Box and Folder List
- constitution, January 1975
- correspondence, 1974 (2f)
- correspondence, 1975 (3f)
- correspondence, undated
- "W.K. Vanderbilt Historical Society Early Cutting Notes from S.C. News"
- educational programs (1976-1984)
- financial reports (1974-1976)
- Friendship Azalea Garden
- "Horticultural Conservational Historical Society" newsletter (1975-1976)
- "Long Island African Violet Society" newsletter (November-December, 1975; January 1976; April 1976; May 1976)
- meeting minutes (1974-1976)
- newsletters (1975)
- newsletters (1975-1976)
- newsletters (1976-1979)
- news clippings
- "Outwash: N.Y.S.O.E.A. Region One Newsletter" (v.1 no. 2; winter 1975-1976)
- pesticide applicator certification documents
- press releases
- "Sandpiper: Great South Bay Audubon Society, Inc." (January-February 1976; May-June 1976)
- "South Shore Skimmer" (May 1976)
- "Suffolk County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs" newsletter (February 1976)
- related ephemeral materials