Stony Brook University Histories - Record Group 71
School of Medicine Oral History Project Collection
School of Medicine Oral History Project Collection.
Leon Sokoloff and Colleen M. Kenefick.
Leon Sokoloff, M.D. is Professor Emeritus, Department of Pathology, Stony Brook University.
Colleen M. Kenefick, MLS, AGC, AHIP is Librarian in Research and Instruction Services, Health Sciences Library (HSL), Stony Brook University.
The collection was transferred to the University Archives, Stony Brook University Libraries, by Colleen M. Kenefick in September 2012.
Extent, Scope, and Content Note
The collection is comprised of thirty-two edited transcripts of interviews on the founding of Stony Brook University and its School of Medicine conducted by Leon Sokoloff (thirty interviews) and Colleen M. Kenefick (two interviews) between 2002 and 2006.
The interviewees hold (or formerly held) faculty positions at Stony Brook University.
Arrangement and Processing Note
The collection was processed in October 2012 by Kristen J. Nyitray, Associate Librarian/Head of Special Collections and University Archives/University Archivist, Stony Brook University (SBU) and Lynn Toscano, Assistant Head, Special Collections and University Archives. Finding aid and website by Kristen J. Nyitray.
Restrictions on Access
Disclaimer and Statement of Confidentiality: "The opinions, views, and perspectives expressed herein are solely those of the interviewees. They do not reflect or represent the opinions or views if the State University of New York, SUNY Stony Brook ("University"), the University Hospital, the University Health Sciences Center or the University School of Medicine."
"These materials are internal university archives which may not be used, disclosed, distributed or duplicated for any purpose whatsoever without prior express written permission from the Director of the University Health Sciences Library."
Please contact Special Collections and University Archives for more information regarding access.
Ownership and Copyright
Stony Brook University Libraries.
Interview of (name of interviewee), School of Medicine Oral History Project Collection, University Libraries, Stony Brook University Libraries.
Box and Folder List
Box 1 of 2
- Atkins, Harold L. (2004; 9pp.)
- Cohn, Peter F. (2004; 16pp.)
- Cottrell, Thomas S. (2003; 15pp.)
- Dee, Roger (2003; 16pp.)
- Fink, Max (2003; 17pp.)
- Grollman, Arthur P. (2002; 22pp.)
- Habicht, Gail (2004; 11pp.)
- Jonas, Steven (2003; 24pp.)
- Kahn, Peter B. (2005; 18pp.)
- Kaloyanides, George J. (2004; 14pp.)
- Kim, Charles W. (2003; 9pp.)
- Lane, Bernard (2004; 12pp.)
- Liebowitz, Martin L. (2003; 16pp.)
- Meiselas, Leonard E. (2002; 35pp.)
- Miller, Frederick (2003; 22pp.)
- Poppers, Paul J. (2004; 21pp.)
- Priebe, Cedric J. (2004; 12pp.)
- Rezak, Ira (2004; 21pp.)
- Rogatz, Peter (2003; 18pp.)
- Schechter, Nisson (2003; 15pp.)
- Simpson, Melvin V. (2002; 40pp.; restricted until November 27, 2017)
- Slobodkin, Lawrence B. (2005; 12pp.)
- Sokoloff, Leon (2006, 13pp.; interviewed by Colleen M. Kenefick)
Box 2 of 2
- Stern, Jack T. (2003; 16pp.)
- Stone, Martin L. (2004; 13pp.)
- Taichman, Lorne B. (2006; 14pp.; interviewed by Colleen M. Kenefick)
- Van der Kloot, William G. (2002; 8pp.)
- Varma, Andre A. (2003; 9pp.)
- Waldman, H. Barry (2005; 16pp.)
- Williams, Peter C. (2003; 16pp.)
- Wimmer, Eckard (2004; 14pp.)
- Zucker, Stanley (2004; 14pp.)