Audio/Visual Collection - Record Group 59
Recordings, 1957-2007; 24 cubic ft.
The Audio/Visual Collection consists of audio and video recordings taped, performed, and/or created by the students, staff, and faculty at Stony Brook University. The content was acquired from campus departments and merged into one, all-encompassing collection. Departments represented include University Hospital Media Relations, SBU-TV, Educational Technologies, and The Poetry Center. Unrestricted access for research; copyright restrictions on certain recorded materials.
Finding aid and processing by F. Jason Torre and Elissa Daub, 2005; edited by Kristen J. Nyitray, June 2007.
Last updated: April 2012.
Please contact the department for more information about holdings.
Sub-group I: video recordings, 1961-present, 20 cubic feet.
Sub-group II: audio recordings, 1968-1978, 4 cubic feet. This sub-group consists of reel-to-reel and audio cassette recordings of official and unofficial university functions. Contents include:
- audiotapes from the Poetry Festival sponsored by the Department of English in 1968;
- reel-to-reel and cassette audiotapes of the Economic Development Conference held at the End of the Bridge in the Stony Brook Union, April 4, 1978;
- Stony Brook Tax Institute (1 reel-to-reel, 3 cassettes), no date;
- Stony Brook Foundation dinner held on November 1, 1977 (1 reel-to-reel);
- Ray Heatherton Breakfast Club (Dr. Terence Netter, Diane Diot), February 21, 1980 (1 cassette);
- WUSB Village Common program (John S. Toll), March 28, 1978.