Responding to Offer of Admission
If you have not already done so please log into your SOLAR account and accept the offer of admission by clicking the 'Admission Decision Response' link. To access SOLAR, please review the section below regarding New Student Preferences and the SOLAR System.
Orientation, Registration, and Billing
- You will receive information regarding orientation and registration from your school.
- A $150 tuition deposit is required from undergraduate transfer students that are new to Stony Brook. EOP and current matriculated Stony Brook undergraduate students are not required to pay a tuition deposit. Graduate students are not required to pay a tuition deposit. If you are requesting on-campus housing, a $200 room deposit is required. The deposit refund policies are at www.stonybrook.edu/bursar.
- After registering for classes, your billing statement will be available on Solar. To view your account and make payment use the "Account Summary/What Do I Owe" link under Financial Services. For information regarding tuition, fees, refunds, direct deposit and the Time Option Payment Plan, please visit www.stonybrook.edu/bursar.
- You will be required to agree to the Stony Brook University Student Financial Responsibility Policy. You will be able to do this through your SOLAR account. To view the policy along with instructions click here:http://www.stonybrook.edu/bursar/responsibility.shtml
New Student Preferences and SOLAR SystemAs a new student, your first step is to log into your SOLAR account. The SOLAR System is Stony Brook University’s secure online service center for members of the University community. You used SOLAR to check the status of your admissions application. As an admitted student you will use SOLAR to pay your deposits and tuition/housing fees, set your class schedule, and check your financial aid status. Additionally, you may create different accounts with the bookstore, dining services, or “Wolfie Wallet.”
You need to check your SOLAR account regularly to review messages, "Holds" and "To Do List" items that you need to complete.
To complete the “New Student Preferences,” click on “For New Students” and follow the directions. Not all steps will pertain to you. Complete only the steps you wish to take advantage of. Please note, if you are requesting housing, you must answer the question that pertains to Health Sciences students under Campus Housing.
- To access SOLAR, please click here. You are now on the SOLAR System login page.
- You will be asked for your Stony Brook ID (which is on your acceptance letter) and your password. Your initial password is your birth date in MMDDYY order.
- You will be immediately asked to change your password and confirm it. This will be your password in SOLAR from now on or until you decide to change it.
Financial AidIf you are interested in financial aid programs and eligibility requirements, click here
Health Form, University Immunization Policy, and Health Insurance
- The Health form must be completed prior to the start of classes and returned to the address indicated on the form. To find the Health form required for your program click here.
- Students must comply with NYS Public Health Law by reading the required information about meningitis and completing the meningococcal vaccination response form. You will be able to do this through your SOLAR account. To view the University Immunization policy click here.
- Titers are mandatory for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis, and varicella for all students enrolled in clinical programs.
- Student Health Services offers immunization and titer packages for a fee. If you want the titers drawn at the Student Health Services before the semester starts, bring a copy of your admission letter at the time of your visit to present to the receptionist.
- For information about the required student health insurance plan (SHIP), payment, and waiver options click here.
Student Conduct Code AffirmationStudents must complete the Conduct Code Affirmation Response form. You will be able to do this through your SOLAR account. To view the University Student Conduct Code, visit www.studentaffairs.stonybrook.edu/jud/conduct.shtml.
Official TranscriptsYour offer of admission is conditional upon satisfactory completion of all coursework taken prior to your Health Sciences admission. Students whose official transcripts are not on file prior to the start of classes will not be permitted to attend class or be granted a student I.D. card.
Commuter StudentsThe Office of Commuter Student Services offers valuable program, advocacy, and outreach on behalf of commuter students. For more information about commuter services, call (631) 632-7353, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.studentaffairs.stonybrook.edu/css/.
Students with DisabilitiesIt is advisable for students with a disability to identify themselves to Disability Support Services by calling (631) 632-6748. Early discussion of special needs will allow time for the University to arrange accommodations. For more information, visit www.studentaffairs.stonybrook.edu/dss/.
VeteransIf you are a veteran, contact the Veterans Affairs Coordinator at (631) 632-6700 to make an appointment. You should bring separation papers (DD214) or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE DD2384) or any other VA correspondence that declares eligibility for benefits. For more information, visit www.studentaffairs.stonybrook.edu/vets/.