- Submission of the on-line application.
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee.
- Three references must be submitted on-line through the application system. References should be solicited from former professors, employers, supervisors or health care professionals. References from personal friends or relatives are not acceptable.
- Transcripts from all institutions attended (including institutions that granted college credit while you attended high school; and those that granted credit for courses not relevant to intended program).
- To expedite review of your application, unofficial transcripts may be uploaded within your application or sent by mail with the exception of Nursing. Nursing applicants must upload unofficial transcripts for all institutions with their application.
- Current and former Stony Brook students do not have to request official transcripts from Stony Brook University.
- For institutions attended abroad, an evaluation by appropriate agency to determine US equivalencies, official transcript and translation are required. Transcripts from institutions outside the U.S. must be evaluated by an organization such as World Education Services (www.wes.org). If you select the new WES ICAP service, we will accept the copies of the transcript(s) WES sends to us as official.
- Program specific documentation as outlined by the individual programs.
- Students are responsible for requesting supporting credentials and documents and submitting them by the deadline date to the Office of Student Services. You may mail your documents prior to completing your application. Mail all documentation to:
Office of Student Services
Health Sciences Tower
Stony Brook University
Level 2, Room 271
Stony Brook, New York 11794-8276
- No application documents will be returned to the applicant or sent to other institutions. We recommend that you request copies for your own records.
- Official transcripts may be duplicated for internal office use only.
- You will receive immediate acknowledgement of your application submission to your email address. Instructions will be included so that you may track your application documents on-line using the "View Applicant Information" link on Stony Brook’s SOLAR system.
- All admissions correspondence will be emailed.
- Questions regarding your application may be directed to the Health Sciences Office of Student Services. For questions/problems while completing the on-line application, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All programs have individual prerequisites and deadline dates which vary. You will not be able to submit the on-line application after the deadline has expired. Therefore, please check the individual program deadline dates to make sure that you will have enough time to complete the application. Application Fees
All applicants are required to pay a Stony Brook University application fee. This fee is $50 for each undergraduate, B.S./M.S. program as well as all non credit programs. Graduate, Advanced Certificate and Doctoral programs are $100. Payment must be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express are accepted). The application fee may be waived in rare cases according to policy located within the application.
Your application will not be processed until full payment is received or fee waiver request is approved by the Health Sciences Office of Student Services.
If your fee waiver has been denied please click here for payment.