Areas of Responsibility
- Consultation with managers and supervisors on employee development issues, creating performance plans, implementing on-the-job training and reinforcing the use of new skills and knowledge after training has been completed.
- Assessment of group or individual training needs.
- The design and/or delivery of specialized training programs for all employees, tailored to specific needs and audiences, using traditional and non-traditional methods. Programs include professional and management development certificate programs and customized programs to address a variety of departmental issues.
- Maintenance of a partnership with all divisions within the University supporting organizational objectives, conducting process improvement analysis and developing and offering retreats upon request.
- Identification and coordination of external training resources as needed which include computer and web based training in areas associated with the responsibilities of Human Resource Services' Training & Organizational Development section.
- Administration of internal employee training and development records as related to Human Resource Services related programs.
- Coordination and administration of new employee orientation.