Home > Privacy Statement
Human Resource Services at Stony Brook University respects your privacy and we work hard to safeguard the privacy of your personal data. Human Resource Services does not share, disclose or sell any personally identifiable information unless required to do so by law.
- In general, the pages you visit:
- No personal information such as names, ages, phone numbers, addresses or e-mail addresses are stored when you visit a page.
- We do not combine page visits with personal information.
- We do not combine traffic information with other sites outside of Human Resource Services.
- We do store IP addresses, browser type, referring pages, pages visited and time spent on this website for the purpose to provide anonymous statistical analysis of webpage traffic patterns and to improve our services.
- We use IP information to help identify the percentage of our audience from within Stony Brook University's network.
- On-line services and pages where you voluntarily submit personal information:
- We monitor our logs on a regular basis for unusual activity to ensure that only authorized people are accessing the system.
- The information we collect includes the name of the user, time, the type of activity and the IP address.
- In some instances, when you voluntarily sign up to a service, we may need more information about you, such as your e-mail address, name, phone number, and/or address. We collect this personally identifiable information supplied by you for the sole purpose of fulfilling the service you requested or to contact you for further information.