Areas of Responsibility
Research Appointments works closely with Project Directors, Department Administrators, Personnel Associates, University Managers and the Research Foundation Office of Personnel Services ensuring the processing of authorized appointments, terminations, reactivations and status changes; ensures submission of all employment related documentation; ensures appointments are processed in compliance with Federal and State regulations, Research Foundation policies, sponsor stipulations and University policies. We act as a liaison with the Research Foundation Central Administration in Albany.
- Check new appointments for correct documentation.
- Check I-9 information for accuracy.
- Calculate salary.
- Calculate special payments.
- Check status change forms.
- Check reactivation for previous grant and salary information.
Research Payroll is responsible for the accurate and timely payroll processing of all new appointments, terminations and status changes. The staff process all salary increases, overtime, lost time, grant changes and special payments in compliance with Research Foundation policies. We answer paycheck inquiries and provide general assistance to all faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- New appointments and terminations.
- Salary increases.
- Special payments, overtime and meal payments.
- Direct Deposit.
- Bond deductions.
- Federal and New York State tax withholdings.
- Audit time sheets and deduct for lost time.
- Process accrual checks after termination.
- Cancel and reissue paychecks.
Research Time and Attendance is responsible for time and attendance records for all Research Foundation employees; ensures attendance and leaves, accrual determinations and leave accrual usage are made in accordance with Research Foundation policies.