Staying Connected Programs
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: workshops, lectures, business meetings, committees, offices and social activities. The mostly peer-taught workshops, which carry no credits or prerequisites, are designed to offer an informal exchange of ideas between all participants within a framework of accomplishing the workshop objectives. The annual membership fee is $290, to be paid with registration at the beginning of the fall semester.
- For more information visit OLLI's website at: www.stonybrook.edu/spd/olli/index.html
or call Janet McLean, Director at (631) 632-7063. Their offices are located in Room S101 in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Building. This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development. The SBS Building is adjacent to the parking structure located near the main entrance to west campus. Detailed travel information can be found on the Directions to Stony Brook page on the Stony Brook website.
- E-mail Accounts
Individuals who are indicated as "retired" (NOT terminated) with Human Resource Services may request
brand new email accounts on the Stony Brook Google Retiree domain @connect.stonybrook.edu. Retiree
accounts will remain as long as Stony Brook University continues to use Google Apps. To request a
retiree account on @connect.stonybrook.edu Google Apps domain, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Employee accounts email@example.com will be disabled upon
Requesting a Google Apps Account on the Retiree Domain
for more detailed information.
- Parking on Campus
- Surface Lots
- Parking privileges can be maintained upon request by use of affiliate permits which have the same use as faculty/staff permits with a more frequent (free) renewal process. This is available to all retiring employees.
- Employees wishing to continue their garage card payment and use after retirement can do so. Transportation and Parking Services will honor their prior rate structure.
- Library Access
- Borrowing privileges are given to Emeriti faculty. All other retired faculty and staff have free lifetime borrowing privileges as members of the Friends of the Library. Retired staff should bring a letter that verifies their status to the Library, Circulation Department. They will be given free membership in the Friends of the Library, http://www.library.stonybrook.edu/giving. For more information, please contact the Circulation Services at Hanne.Tracy@stonybrook.edu, call (631) 632-7115 or visit the Stony Brook University Libraries website.
- Literacy Suffolk
- The Literacy Suffolk program provides our retirees the opportunity to become trained tutors within Suffolk County through the Literacy Suffolk training program. For more information, visit the Literacy Suffolk webpage.
- The Brook
- The University will keep you connected to campus news. One method includes sending you the latest "Brook", the alumni and friends magazine.
- SUNY Retiree Newsletter