Areas of Responsibility
The Recruitment area of Human Resource Services provides a host of recruiting and employment related services to Stony Brook University and the Research Foundation.
Our goal is to assist departments with the search, the selection and the retention of appropriately qualified staff in order to promote quality education, research and healthcare.
This area is responsible for:
- Assisting departments in meeting short-term and long-term staffing needs. This includes working with other Human Resource Services areas and University offices on targeted, specialized programs. The programs include: The Sylvia Geoghegan Presidential EARN Program; on-site and off-site job fairs; presentation at career events; and community programs.
- Publishing the Campus Job Opportunities (CJO). The CJO is published on a weekly basis both electronically and in hard copy. The CJO provides detailed information about employment opportunities at Stony Brook University, which includes: University Hospital & Medical Center, the Health Sciences Center, the Long Island State Veterans Home and The Research Foundation.
- Ongoing assistance to departments on conducting legal and effective interviews. This is achieved through individual coaching and group training presented in conjunction with HRS Training & Organizational Development. We also work with departments on developing interview questions and screening documents.
- Approval of Research Foundation Non-Exempt hires. We coordinate with Research Foundation Appointments to seamlessly bring new employees into the organization.
- Assistance to job seekers looking for career opportunities at the University.
- Approving and coordinating University and Research Foundation employment ads.
- Provide temporary staff for State and Research Foundation funded positions.
- Assisting with Human Resource Services' development and delivery of web based information and development.