- Frequently Asked Questions
- Creating a FIXIT (Service) Request via the New FIXIT
Creating a FIXIT (Service) Request via the New FIXIT
- Go to the FIXIT page
- Click the Go to FIXIT link
You will be asked to log in using your NetID and NetID Password (NetID Single Sign-On screen.) Enter your NetID and NetID password > Click the Login button.
This will bring you into the FIXIT list view screen
Features of the FIXIT list view include:
- Showing: You will have the ability to view All Open Work Requests or All Work Requests
- Standard users will be able to see any Work Requests that they have entered.
- Building Managers will be able to see any Work Requests they entered, as well as any Work Requests for the building(s) he/she manage.
- New Work Request: Allows you to create a new Work Request.
- Export to Excel: Allows you to export your data to Excel for further data manipulation.
- Filters: Gives you the ability to filter by most of the fields in the list view (ex. Filter by Work Order Status.)
To create a new work request, click the Create Work Requests link OR the New Work Request link
Fill in the following information to create a Work Request:
- Problem Location: Choose a campus location (example: INDOORS-MAIN CAMPUS, RESIDENCE HALLS)
- Building: Choose a building located at that location.
- Room: Choose a room located in the building.
- Problem Description: Choose a problem from the drop down list (NOTE: If you choose problem deemed an EMERGENCY, you will be unable to submit the request and will be given a phone number to call instead.)
- Pest: Will only appear if you choose Pest Control Required or Exterminator from the Problem Description list. Choose a Pest from the drop down list (Required.)
- Problem Details: Enter any additional information about the problem.
- Stony Brook ID: Will be pre-populated from when you logged in.
- Name: Will be pre-populated from when you logged in.
- Contact Email: Will be pre-populated from when you logged in.
- Contact Phone: Enter your phone number.
Click Submit to submit the Work Request.
You will receive a message that your Work Request was submitted.
You can then either Create another work request or Return to view work request (this will return you to the FIXIT list view screen.)