||How to Apply
LSAMP-OEDG- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation- Opportunities for Enhancing Diversity in Geosciences
- LSAMP-OEDG is funded to increase the number of underrepresented minorities (African-American, Latino, Native American, Alaskan Native, and Pacific Islander) who pursue academic and/or professional careers in the Geosciences (Earth Sciences, Geology, marine Science, and Meteorology).
- Must be either a citizen or permanent resident of the United STates
- The LSAMP-OEDG program is especially interested in high-achieving students who intend to pursue post-baccalaureate studies in Geoscience.
||Click here for application.
|S-Stem II- Scholarships for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Supported by the National Science Foundation and administered by the Department of Technology & Society and the Center for Science and Mathematics Education.
- Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Must be enrolled in a qualifying major.
- Must have a cumulative GPA above 2.80.
- Must have a current FAFSA form on file with the Stony Brook Office of Financial Aid and have demonstrated financial need.
- Click here for a list of qualifying majors.
||Click here to download application.
- Student must be enrolled full time (12 credit minimum).
- Student must have declared major or minor in Environmental Studies, Marine Sciences, or Engineering.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Financial need will be considered.
- One year undergraduate award.
||An application is required by February 15th. Click here to download the application.