New Electrical Feeder
As part of the ongoing effort to improve the hospital's electrical reliability, the Stony Brook Medical Center Facilities Department is installing a new high voltage electrical feeder.
- On Friday, December 16, 2011 Circle Road will be closed to all traffic beginning at 1:00AM until 6:00AM when one lane will be opened with alternating flag-controlled travel in both directions for the rest of the day.
- On Saturday, December 17, 2011 continuing work may require that, at times, one lane be temporarily closed with alternating flag-controlled travel in both directions in the open lane.
- On/by Sunday, December 18, 2011 both lanes are expected to be re-opened to all traffic.
- On Monday, December 19, 2011 between 8:00AM and 2:00PM paving will require the alternate closing of one lane and flag-controlled travel in both directions using the open lane.
- During this project the Life Sciences/HSC underpass is to remain open to pedestrians at all times.
Signs informing pedestrians of the designated pathway will be posted on each side of the underpass/pedestrian walkway. At varying times during this project the underpass walkway or roadway will be closed and, at those times, pedestrians will be directed to the designated open pathway leading to the HSC plaza.
Please contact Mr. Harold Smith (SBUMC Project Management) at (631) 634-1531 if you have any questions or concerns.