Home > Training > Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
EOS 029: Machine Shop Safety
- 1 Hour
- Who Should Attend:
- Required before working in any machine shop on campus and must be repeated after 5 years for students.
- Course Objectives:
- After successfully completing this course, you will know
- The Stony Brook University requirements for working in a campus machine shop.
- What appropriate attire is required when working in a machine shop.
- What Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required when working in the machine shop.
- Proper housekeeping procedures for machine shops.
- How your behavior can affect your safety in the machine shop.
- General safety tips for using machines and tools in the shop.
- How to work safely with chemicals and other hazardous materials in the shop.
- What to do if there is and accident in the shop.
- EH&S On-lineTraining
- EH&S is now offering this training class on-line through the Blackboard e-Education platform. Instructions on enrolling are here: http://www.stonybrook.edu/ehs/training/
- Course Material