Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
EOS 009: Welding Safety (Hot Work)
- 1 Hour
- Course Purpose:
Welding and cutting are hazardous activities that pose a unique combination of both
safety and health risks. The risk from fatal injuries alone is more than four deaths
per thousand workers over a working lifetime.
The purpose of this course is to review the hazards and safe work practices involved in welding and cutting to prevent injury and/or illness.
- Who Should Attend:
- Required one-time for all University employees who use welding equipment, cutting torches, or brazing equipment.
- Topics Covered:
- Welding terminology & definitions
- Overview of welder certification/qualification
- Welding processes
- Welding codes
- Weld joint terminology
- Welding discontinuities/defects
- Overview of hazards associated with welding and cutting.
- Oxy-Acetylene safety
- Compressed gas cylinder sizes/capacities
- Compressed gas cylinder color code, markings and components
- Compressed gas cylinder labels
- Compressed gas cylinder handling , transportation and storage
- Welder health and safety
- Course Materials
* Classes with insufficient registration will be cancelled