Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
EOS 007: Machine, Hand and Power Tool Safety
- 1 Hour
- Course Purpose:
Machine, hand and power tools are a common part of our everyday lives and are present
in nearly every industry. These tools help us to easily perform tasks that otherwise
would be difficult or impossible.
However, these simple tools can be hazardous and have the potential for causing severe injuries when used or maintained improperly.
The purpose of this course is to pay special attention to the proper and safe use of machine, hand and power tools in order to reduce and/or eliminate injuries.
- Topics Covered:
- Hand and power tool selection, inspection and safe use
- Guarding of power tools
- General safety precautions for battery powered hand tools
- Spark resistant hand tools
- Hand and power tool care and maintenance
- General safety precautions for hand and power tools
- Pneumatic tool inspection and safe use
- General safety precautions for pneumatic tools
* Classes with insufficient registration will be cancelled