Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
EOS 005: Confined Space
- 1 Hour
- Course Purpose:
- The purpose of this course is to instruct workers to follow safe entry procedures and develop a respect for the potential hazards involved. Confined space accidents can have severe consequences. With the proper training and by following safe work practices, these accidents can be eliminated.
- Who Should Attend:
- Required prior to initial assignment, change in assignment duties, change in permit space operations that presents a hazard which the employee has not been trained.
- Required for all University employees who make entry or standby for the entry of another worker into a confined space.
- Topics Covered:
- OSHA Signage
- Review confined space entry rules and regulations
- Acquire the understanding, knowledge, and skills necessary for the safe performance of duties assigned to them in confined space entry
- Types of confined space hazards
- Responsibilities and duties of the entry supervisor, authorized entrants and attendants, and rescue team
- The components of the Confined Space Permit
- Atmospheric testing protocol and interpretation of results
- Methods for the control or elimination of any atmospheric hazards
- Procedures employees must follow if a hazard is detected
- The evaluation process to be used for reentry if a hazard is detected
- Emergency procedure(s)
- Self and non-entry rescue
- Course Materials
* Classes with insufficient registration will be cancelled