Home > Training > Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
ENV 012: Signing a Regulated Medical Waste Manifest
» View Available Classes
- 1 Hour
- Who Should Attend:
- Current United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) regulations require training prior to or within 90 days of initial assignment (under direct supervision of someone who has been properly trained) and retraining (at least every 3 years) of all employees who perform work functions covered by the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR). Any Stony Brook University employee involved in preparing or transporting hazardous materials would be considered a hazmat employee by the HMR*.
- * Regulated Medical Waste is covered under the HMR!
- The USDOT therefore requires those who sign the Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) shipping records/manifest be properly trained on this specific job function.
- NEW! EH&S On-line Training!
- EH&S is now offering this training class on-line through the Blackboard e-Education platform. Taking the class on-line provides the same "credit" that you get when you attend the "live" classroom version. The on-line version can also be used to review the course material after you have taken the live class, or to take the annual refresher class, when required.
Instructions on enrolling are here: http://www.stonybrook.edu/ehs/training/online-training.shtml