Home > Training > Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
Training Course List, Descriptions and Materials
ELS 008 Lab Safety Awareness for Non-Lab Staff
- 1 Hour
- Contact EH&S to schedule this course.
- Who Should Attend:
- University staff (e.g. Building Managers, CO&M) and contractors who are working in laboratories need to be made aware of the potential hazards they may encounter.
- Note: This training does not replace other required OSHA training. This training is only to make you aware of the hazards potentially found in SBU labs.
- Share "safety advice" from other facilities staff.
- Create an awareness of safety issues in labs.
- Provide information on warning signs and labels.
- Describe steps to take if you are first to find a hazardous material spill.
- Course Material
- Lab Safety Awareness Handout