Radioactive Materials License Application


The Radioactive Materials License Application is to be filled out by the Senior Investigator. Senior Investigator Authorizations are granted to qualified individuals who are principal investigators of research projects involving radioactive materials, and/or qualified individuals responsible for supervising radioactive materials used by associate users in laboratories.

Senior Investigators should print out and retain copies of the Obtaining Authorization to use Radioactive Materials and Training Requirements Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents.


  1. Review and follow instructions within the Obtaining Authorization to Use Radioactive Materials document.
  2. Review the Training Requirements document to make sure you qualify for a Radioactive Materials License.
  3. Complete the Application for Senior Investigator Authorization form. Instructions for the form are included.
    1. Complete and attach the Radiological Training Record form AND
    2. Complete and attach the Radiation Exposure History form.
  4. Submit all the required paperwork to:

    Radiation Safety Officer
    110 Suffolk Hall
    Stony Brook University
    Stony Brook, NY 11794-6200
    Tel: (631) 632-6410
    Fax: (631) 632-9683

Printer-friendly version Print