Home > Occupational Safety
It is the desire of Occupational Safety to protect all individuals from unnecessary harm or injury as a result of a preventable accident.
Occupational Safety is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all persons who work, study, receive care or visit Stony Brook University.
A wide variety of services is offered to address employee workplace safety. Occupational Safety provides guidance and assistance to departments by developing programs that recognize, evaluate and prevent the hazards that cause accidents. Some of these programs are:
- Right-to-Know / Hazard Communication (Chemical Safety)
- Safety Training
- Accident Prevention Programs
- Permits (Confined Space, Hot Works, etc.)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
- Worksite Evaluations and Hazard Assessments
- Accident Investigations
- Lockout / Tagout
- Regulatory Compliance