Home > News and Alerts
News and Alerts
This category includes news and other information that is broadly applicable to the University community. Please select an article from the News and Alerts Archive below.
The NYS Office of Fire Prevention and Control will begin their 2009 inspection shortly. It takes all of us to work together and increase our awareness of fire safety to continue to maintain a safe campus. For more information please visit http://www.stonybrook.edu/ehs/fire/annual.shtml
EH&S Program Area Specific Newsletters
- Hazardous Waste Program Area Newsletters
- View newsletters published by the Hazardous Waste program area.
- Healthcare Safety Program Area Newsletters
- View newsletters published by the Healthcare Safety program area.
- Radiation Safety Program Area Newsletters
- View newsletters published by the Radiation Safety program area.
News and Alerts Archive
- August 24, 2012 - Community Household Sharps Collection
- January 1, 2012 - CDC Finds Salmonella Outbreak Related to Clinical and Teaching Labs
- May 5, 2011 - June 2011 Safety Expo
- January 14, 2010 - Outbreak of Human Salmonella Associated with Contact with Water Frogs
- November 6, 2009 - STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY ANSWERS THE CALL TO RECYCLE!
- July 22, 2009 - OFPC Inspections
- Feburary 6, 2009 - Peanut Containing Products Recall
- January 15, 2009 - Port Jefferson Rescue
- July 12, 2005 - If You See Something, Say Something
- August 30, 2004 - 3 Students Die in Frat House Fire
- December 4, 2003 - Winter Weather Safety
- August 26, 2003 - Motor Vehicle Crashes
- May 16, 2003 - University SARS Guidelines
- May 13, 2003 - Closing the Door on Lab Safety Hazards
- May 5, 2003 - North American Occupational Safety and Health Week (NAOSH)
- April 11, 2003 - Ozone-Depleting Chemicals Management
- March 13, 2003 - Habitat for Humanity Fundraiser
- January 30, 2003 - Recall of Back-Up Power Supply Systems
- January 21, 2003 - Interim final rules for select agents and toxins