Summary of Environmental Regulations
The following is a summary of environmental regulations and requirements. For information on a particular category, please click one of the following links:
- Hazardous Waste
- Elementary Neutralization
- Solvent Recovery
- Universal Wastes
- Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) - New York Public Health Law
- Petroleum/Chemical Storage (Tanks)
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Air Act - State Facility Permit
- Toxic Substance Control Act
- Spill Response
- Environmental Management System (recommended by the EPA)
- View Entire Summary
- Spill control and cleanup materials are required for locations where hazardous chemicals and wastes are stored or used.
- Staff must be trained to make proper notifications for petroleum and hazardous substance spills.
- Staff must receive training and equipment to contain and clean up spills. Large spills must be cleaned up by trained emergency responders.
Note: This list is not inclusive of all environmental regulations and requirements. If you have any questions, please call EH&S at 631-632-6410.