Summary of Environmental Regulations
The following is a summary of environmental regulations and requirements. For information on a particular category, please click one of the following links:
- Hazardous Waste
- Elementary Neutralization
- Solvent Recovery
- Universal Wastes
- Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) - New York Public Health Law
- Petroleum/Chemical Storage (Tanks)
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Air Act - State Facility Permit
- Toxic Substance Control Act
- Spill Response
- Environmental Management System (recommended by the EPA)
- View Entire Summary
Petroleum/Chemical Storage (Tanks)
- Owners of storage facilities must have their facility and tanks registered.
- Facilities and tanks must be in compliance with current requirements, i.e. spill, overfill and corrosion protection requirements.
- Facilities must have written spill response plans.
- Leaks, spills and overfills must be reported and promptly corrected.
- Perform inspections, testing and maintain records as required.
Note: This list is not inclusive of all environmental regulations and requirements. If you have any questions, please call EH&S at 631-632-6410.