Summary of Environmental Regulations
The following is a summary of environmental regulations and requirements. For information on a particular category, please click one of the following links:
- Hazardous Waste
- Elementary Neutralization
- Solvent Recovery
- Universal Wastes
- Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) - New York Public Health Law
- Petroleum/Chemical Storage (Tanks)
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Air Act - State Facility Permit
- Toxic Substance Control Act
- Spill Response
- Environmental Management System (recommended by the EPA)
- View Entire Summary
Clean Water Act
- Silver recovery systems are required for X-ray and photographic developers.
- Chemicals must not be poured down the drain.
- Spills must be promptly reported and cleaned up.
- Waste water must not be discharged to surface or ground. The discharge destination of floor drains must be known and labeled.
- Permitted discharges from boiler blowdowns, cooling towers or other systems requires periodic sampling and analysis.
Note: This list is not inclusive of all environmental regulations and requirements. If you have any questions, please call EH&S at 631-632-6410.