Summary of Environmental Regulations
The following is a summary of environmental regulations and requirements. For information on a particular category, please click one of the following links:
- Hazardous Waste
- Elementary Neutralization
- Solvent Recovery
- Universal Wastes
- Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) - New York Public Health Law
- Petroleum/Chemical Storage (Tanks)
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Air Act - State Facility Permit
- Toxic Substance Control Act
- Spill Response
- Environmental Management System (recommended by the EPA)
- View Entire Summary
Clean Air Act - State Facility Permit
- Point sources (e.g., boilers, incinerator, ethylene oxide abator in UH) require monitoring, inspections, and record keeping. Coating operations (e.g., spray booth) need to be evaluated for compliance.
- Refrigerants in air conditioners, refrigerators and plant equipment must be reclaimed by certified technicians.
Note: This list is not inclusive of all environmental regulations and requirements. If you have any questions, please call EH&S at 631-632-6410.