PhD, Stanford University
Joint with the Department of History
Office: N-631 Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
Telephone: (631) 632-7552
Fax: (631) 632-7516
Economic Demography, Labor Economics, Economic History
Economic Demography, The Economics of HIV, Applied Microeconomics
- "Average remaining lifetimes can increase as human populations age,"
(with Sergei Scherbov), Nature 435, 811-813, 2005.
- "Conditional Probabilistic population forecasting,"
(with Wolfgang Lutz, Sergei Scherbov, and Brian O' Neill),
International Statistical Review 72-2, 157-166, 2004.
- "The end of World Population Growth," (with Wolfgang Lutz, and Sergei Scherbov),
Nature 412, 543-545, 2001.
- "Expert-Based Probabilistic Population Projections," (with Wolfgang
Lutz and Sergei Scherbov), Population and Development Review, 1998.
- "Knowledge Can Improve Forecasts: A Review of Selected Socioeconomic
Population Projection Models," Population and Development Review, 1998.
- "Doubling of World Population Unlikely," (with Wolfgang Lutz, and Sergei Scherbov)
Nature 387, 803-805, 1997.
- "Cohort Parity Analysis and Fertility Transition Dynamics: Reconstructing
Historical Trends in Fertility Control from a Single Census," (with Paul A.
David), Population Studies, 1990.
[Faculty List][Economics Department Home Page]