John A. Rizzo
PhD, Brown University
Office: N-637 Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
Telephone: (631) 632-7526
Fax: (631) 632-7516
Health Economics, Public Health
- Rizzo, J. and Zeckhauser, R. Advertising and entry: The case of physician services.
Journal of Political Economy 98: 476-500, June 1990.
- Calem, P., and Rizzo, J. Financing constraints and investment: New evidence from hospital
industry data. Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 27: 1002-1014, November 1995.
- Rizzo, J. Advertising and competition in the ethical pharmaceutical industry: The case of
antihypertensive drugs. Journal of Law and Economics 42: 171-198, April 1999.
- Calem, P., Dor, A., and Rizzo, J. Evaluating hospital mergers under alternative welfare
criteria. Journal of Economics and Business 51: 197-213, May/June 1999.
- Rizzo, J., and Zeckhauser, R. Reference incomes, loss aversion, and physician behavior. Review of
Economics and Statistics 85; 909-922, November 2003.
- Rizzo, J. Are HMOs Bad for health maintenance?, Health Economics 14: 1117-1131, 2005.
- Rizzo, J. and Zeckhauser, R. Pushing Income to Reference Points: Why male doctors earn more. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, forthcoming.
[Faculty List][Economics Department Home Page]