- "Expectations in Micro Data: Rationality Revisited "
(with Hugo Benitez-Silva, Wayne-Roy Gayle, and Tom Muench),
forthcoming in Empirical Economics, 2006.
- "The Rationality of Retirement Expectations and the Role of New Information,"
(with Debra S. Dwyer), Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 87-3, 587-592, 2005.
- "Expectation Formation of Older Married Couples and the Rational
Expectations Hypothesis," (with Debra S. Dwyer),
Labour Economics, Vol. 13-2 191-218, 2006.
- "Counting the Disabled: Using Survey Self-reports to Estimate Medical Eligibility for Social Security's Disability Programs," (with J. Hu, D. Vaughan, and B. Wixon),
Journal of Economic and Social Measurement, September 2003.
- "Retirement Expectations and Realizations: The Role of Health Shocks and Economic Factors," (with J. Hu) in O. Mitchell, P. Hammond, and A. Rappaport (eds) Forcasting Retirement Needs and Retirement Wealth, 2000.
- "Health Problems as Determinants of Retirement: Are Self-Rated Measures
Endogenous?," (with O.S. Mitchell), Journal of Health Economics, Winter,
- "Health, Work, and Economic Well-Being of Older Workers: A Cross-National
Comparison Using the United States HRS and Dutch CERRA," (with R. Burkhauser,
M. Lindeboom, J. Theuwes, and I. Woittez), in J. Smith and R. Willis (eds)
Wealth, Work, and Health: Innovations in Measurement in the Social Sciences, 1999.
- "Evaluating a Mental Health Capitation Experiment," (with O.S. Mitchell,
B. Cole, and S. Reed), Research in Labor Economics, 1996.