PhD, Cornell University
Office: S-625 Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
Telephone: (631) 632-7532
Fax: (631) 632-7516
web page: http://ms.cc.sunysb.edu/~dsdwyer
Labor Economics, Health Economics, Public Finance, Applied Econometrics
Graduate Microeconomics, Health Economics, Intermediate Microeconomics
Recent Working Papers:
- "The Rationality of Retirement Expectations and the Role of New Information,"
(with H. Benitez-Silva), September 2004, accepted for publication in the
Review of Economics and Statistics.
- "Expectation Formation of Older Married Couples and the Rational
Expectations Hypothesis," (with Hugo Benitez-Silva), September 2004.
Forthcoming in Labour Economics.
- "Counting the Disabled: Using Survey Self-reports to Estimate Medical Eligibility for Social Security's Disability Programs," (with J. Hu, D. Vaughan, and B. Wixon), Journal of Economic and Social Measurement, September 2003.
- "Retirement Expectations and Realizations: The Role of Health Shocks and Economic Factors," (with J. Hu) in O. Mitchell, P. Hammond, and A. Rappaport (eds) Forcasting Retirement Needs and Retirement Wealth, 2000.
- "Health Problems as Determinants of Retirement: Are Self-Rated Measures
Endogenous?," (with O.S. Mitchell), Journal of Health Economics, Winter,
- "Health, Work, and Economic Well-Being of Older Workers: A Cross-National
Comparison Using the United States HRS and Dutch CERRA," (with R. Burkhauser,
M. Lindeboom, J. Theuwes, and I. Woittez), in J. Smith and R. Willis (eds)
Wealth, Work, and Health: Innovations in Measurement in the Social Sciences, 1999.
- "Evaluating a Mental Health Capitation Experiment," (with O.S. Mitchell,
B. Cole, and S. Reed), Research in Labor Economics, 1996.
- "Expectations in Micro Data: Rationality Revisited,"
(with H. Benitez-Silva, W. Gayle, and T. Muench),
April 2005, submitted to Empirical Economics.
- "Measurement Error in Reported Reasons for Entry into the Foster Care System," (with K. Noonan), August 2003, submitted to Economics of Social Measurement.
- "What can we learn from Teaching Hospitals about the
Malpractice Policy for Ensuring Quality?,"
(with D. Harrington), October 2003, submitted to Value in Health.
- Michigan Retirement Research Center, 2001-2002; 2002-2003.
- TIAA-CREF Institute, 2002; 2003.
- Steven H. Sandell Grant for Junior Scholars in Retirement Research, 2000-2001.
[Faculty List][Economics Department Home Page]