- Our office provides five types of diversity and harassment prevention training courses, including mandatory sessions at incoming student orientation, new employee orientation and the annual hospital recertification. Topics provided include sexual harassment and violence prevention, best practices in discrimination prevention, diversity awareness and how to report a concern or a complaint.
- We also develop customized workshops and content that is included in various programs. Including faculty orientation, freshman 101 seminars, training for medical center residents, cultural competence education for clinical staff, diversity awareness for residence hall assistants (RHA), and other student staff.
- Our office also provides external development opportunities by hosting, funding, and coordinating attendance for webinars that have included employment law issues, workshops on best hiring practices, discussion about privilege, and institutional racism.
- Any questions regarding the above mentioned opportunities please contact our office for more information.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Search Committee
- Haven - an interactive only training program on understanding and combatting sexual misconduct for students and employees
- Diversity Fellow Training
- Trainings available through Stony Brook University Department of Training and Organizational Development (Link)