Childs Mansion Great Room Reservations
Childs Mansion is located on the north shore of Old Field overlooking Flax Pond. The property has a legacy of owners dating back to 1797; but in 1911 Eversley Childs renovated this glorious mansion. The handsome porticoes, windows, trees and inside craftsmanship of solid oak floorboards with decorative motifs along the walls and mantelpieces indicate that this historical home is an antebellum of the South. Today the building is owned by the Department of Environmental Conservation and under permanent easement to Stony Brook University. Faculty and professional staff may rent the public side of Childs Mansion for such functions as small conferences, seminars or University receptions. For availability, contact the Office of Conferences and Special Events at 631-632-6320.