Job Title: Full-Time Lecturer
Phone: (631) 632-4202
Office Location: Humanities 2031
Education: PhD CUNY Graduate Center; MPhil CUNY Graduate Center; BA Hunter College
Courses Taught: WRT 101,WRT 102, WRT 302 (Environmental Writing) and WRT 303 (The Personal Essay)
Composition and rhetoric, nineteenth century American literature, gender studies, cultural studies, working-class literature.
- "Student Ethos and ePortfolios” on “ePortfolios and Sustainability” panel at the SUNY Council on Writing Annual Conference, Fashion Institute of Technology (31 March 2012).
- “An Ecological Reading of House of Seven Gables.” 2011 American Literature Association Convention, Boston, MA (27 May 2011).
- Panelist “Finding a Credible Voice: Ethos and Student Writing” on “Situating Ethos: Practicing Just Thoughts in the Writing Classroom.” Panel at the SUNY Council on Writing Annual Conference, SUNY Plattsburgh (27 March 2010).
- Panelist, “Round-table Discussion on the Teaching of Writing” at the SUNY Council on Writing Annual Conference, Stony Brook University (26 April 2008).
- “Rising Women’s Clubs and Struggles for Alliance: Nineteenth Century Women’s Clubs and the Rhetoric of Work and Class”. 2008 CCCC Convention, New Orleans, LA. (3 April 2008).
- “Theme Course: The American Dream”, Brown-Bag Session, Program in Writing and Rhetoric, Stony Brook University (14 November 2007).
- Panelist, “Revision in an Age of Assessment” at the Annual Conference of the SUNY Council on Writing. SUNY Albany (21 April 2007).
- “Gender Inflections in the Teaching of Writing: The Classroom” at the Writing and Rhetoric Spring Colloquium. Stony Brook University (18 April 2007).
Writing Center • 631.632.7405